Coast to Coast offer high quality equipment for hire, with a full range of wetsuits, surfboards, bodyboards, SUPs and skateboards. All suitable for the time of year and conditions.
PLEASE CHECK THE LATEST FORECAST BEFORE BOOKING
Light winds and low swell = great for SUP
Swell 1-3ft = Good for surf beginners
Swell 2-4ft = Surf Improvers
Swell 4-6ft = More advanced surfers
See our FORECAST PAGE
SUP HIRE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to swim at least 100m
- All hires should have had an official (ISA/ASI) lesson or be under the guardianship of an experienced paddler
- Stand up Paddle hirers must take communication when hiring and understand self rescue techniques
- SUP hirers must understand RIPS, wind effect and etiquette with other sea craft
- SUP hires will be on the Dunbar coastline at risk assessed locations. Unfortunately we cannot hire to locations outside the area
- Under 16’s must have adult supervision
- Customers cannot hire if under the influence of alcohol or drugs or any medical condition that would make it dangerous to participate.
- All hirers will be responsible for their own well being and equipment
- If experienced and paddleboarding in the surf zone, please stay away from crowded areas and observe wave etiquette
- We require a PHOTO ID as a deposit (in the form of personal ID/driving license/ passport)
We reserve the right to refuse hire to any customer if we consider any of the above conditions are likely not to be met or we consider surf or weather conditions to be unsafe – our senior instructors will have final decision. We observe the Sup Hire Safety guidelines created by the RNLI.
CONDITIONS OF EQUIPMENT USE
- Returning equipment after the time period of rental will incur additional charge.
- Return equipment in good condition
- Should any equipment be returned in a damaged condition, Coast to Coast reserves the right to charge a fee to the customer for cover the cost of the repair or replacement
- Failure to return hire equipment may be the subject of a complaint to the police