This is where young wave riders come to learn, grow, and experience the thrill of surfing!
Our surf school is dedicated to providing a fun, safe, and unforgettable experience for kids of all ages. Whether it’s through our expertly-taught lessons or action-packed summer holiday camps, our goal is to inspire the next generation of surfers to embrace the ocean and develop a lifelong passion for the sport.
Junior beginner surf lesson
We offer Junior only surf lessons dedicated to young people aged 7yrs to 16yrs looking to learn and develop their surfing. This lesson is aimed at beginners looking to surf for the first time through to those wishing to develop technique and control in the white water. We recommend three lessons at beginner level, as you learn how to stand for longer with more style, understand speed control and learn a variety of turning techniques.
Lessons include a friendly Coast to Coast qualified instructor and top of the range equipment! Click ‘details’ to see what we cover.
- Learn how to catch your first waves
- Learn how to be safe in the water and equipment terminology
- Learn how to stand and ride waves to the beach
- Learn speed control the board and turn both directions
- Lessons are open to complete beginners and those that have had a couple of shots before
- Surf one of the best beginner-friendly beaches in Scotland
- Book online in few easy steps
Junior holiday surf & adventure camp
Fantastic holiday surf and adventure courses for juniors from 7 to 16! Adapting to daily conditions with surfing, bodyboarding, surf skate, paddleboarding, coasteering and beach games.
- Multi-level progressive surf course aimed at beginners and improvers
- Four morning or afternoon lessons Monday to Thursday
- Experienced staff max. 8 children per instructor.
- Surf skate, coasteering and stand up paddling if no waves
- Fun in all conditions!
- Juniors must be able to swim minimum 50m
Junior surf skate summer school
Summer holiday skate madness !!! This July and August, we are offering kids the chance to join our new Friday skate school.
All levels welcome, these classes aim to provide junior beginner skaters with new balance skills and an understanding of the dexterity needed to perform successful turns. For the more advanced skaters we are looking to improve foundation surf and speed skills. We will use different locations in and around Dunbar.
Skates last 2 hours from 10:30-12:30 and 13:30-15:30
- Two hour morning or afternoon skates on Fridays in the summer school holidays
- High quality surf skate boards
- Safety equipment
- Friendly experienced Coast to Coast instructor
- Video feedback
- Wide range of drills
- No previous experience necessary to join
Have a question?
Do you have a question about our junior lessons or packages? Just fill out the form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.